C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:01:29 -0700
The first one's for you, Deri!

Thanksgiving in the UK

A few years ago, an American and a British journalist were discussing
Thanksgiving on a British radio program. The American asked if
Thanksgiving was celebrated in the UK.

"Yes," the British journalist replied, "but we celebrate it on the 6th
of September."

"Why then?"

"That's when you chaps left."

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US, and happy belated Thanksgiving
to those of you in the UK!

Rudolf, The Red

An America couple was being shown around Moscow one day, when the man
felt a drop hit his nose.

"I think it's raining," he said to his wife.

"No, that felt more like snow to me," she replied.

"No, I'm sure it was just rain," he said.

Well, as these things go, they were about to have a major argument
about whether it was raining or snowing.

"Let's not fight about it!" the man said. "Let's ask our guide,
Rudolph, whether it's officially raining or snowing."

As their tour guide approached, the man said, "Tell us, Comrade
Rudolph, is it officially raining or snowing?"

"It's raining, of course," he replied officiously.

But the woman insisted, "I know that it felt like snow!"

The man quietly replied, "Rudolph, the Red, knows rain, dear!"

--

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950