C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 20:21:42 +0800
Very tired at the moment so I'm cheating and replying to two posts at
the same time.

Ken, I'm really sorry that your hearing went against you - bloody
beauracrats!   I hope that you get a chance/are able to reappeal the
descision.

Meir - Sounds like you are going through a really rough time at the
moment as well, the stress can get too much, I know. :-(  Absolutely
infuriating how PWD's are expected to put up with so much needless crap
from the world without any breaks.  Is there any hope for some relief
from what you are going through?

I know so well how awful it is to get to that point of exhaustion and
collapse, swinging in and out of it myself at the moment.  My feet
problems have gotten so much worse that it's harder and harder to walk,
even with the quad cane, pain and lack of coordination in my hands are
making it harder to type (time for a voice recognition system - I know),
and I may have to look at getting more paid support - which is really
hard when you have no family support at all - I'm sick of strangers (and
there are some really *strange* people in that line of work as we all
know!!).

I don't know about anyone else, but I used to think - I can just knock
through all the barriers and prejudice with my personality, physical
problems be damned, and have all the things I want in life, starting to
realise that it's not so - you can put in all the effort in the world
and sometimes still not get back what you deserve.  It's hard, and I'm
very tired.

Anyway.

Meir and Ken, and anyone else who's have difficulties in life at the
moment, I hope things get better - or at least bearable.

Rayna