C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ehthiers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:42:15 -0400
Kendall,
I have a very extensive wheelchair evaluation form that I got from a
wheelchair dealer for Medicaid.  It goes through medical and functional
reasons for each and every piece of equipment.  It ends up being close to 20
pages long.  ROM, strength, etc needs are spoken of.  Also, for an adult
cardiovascular, prevention of decrease function, improving and maintaining
ROM and strength (all the way through the body), respiratory reasons
(opening of trunk, etc) along with independence, decreased need for
assistance and improved ability to move through environment, configuration
of house and work spaces and need to be able to go up and down stairs (how
many in immediate environment), improve self care skills and ADL and work
load, decreased decubiti and pain management, etc.

Are they giving you an exact reason for denial?

Beth t the ot

Are