C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:45:31 -0400
Good Morning!

        I want to wish everyone a happy Monday!!

        First an explaination of Betty posting Forwarded from Trisha notes.
When I am home I have a different e-mail address and can't post to the list.
I think we can fix this.

        In reference to subject of discussions. We allow any topic to be
discussed here. In allowing that we are expecting people to do so with
respect for everyone on the list. Several months ago we covered a thorny
topic of Religion. Because the topic was handle from an unemotional and
educational perspective - I believe we all came to a better understanding
perhaps even a tiny bit respect for others - who do not believe as we do. I
see no reason why we can't do this for all topic. When you state your view -
it is your opinion. I will reference the abortion issue as a case in point -
There are lots of women on this list - I am willing to believe that this
issue is one- one or more of them have faced. I do not think we need to make
anyone feel bad. No matter how passionately you feel about something - that
is your opinion. I also want to remind folks that what someone says is their
opinion and should not make you feel bad. We are here to support each other
not just on the CP issue but issues that we need help on. In order for it to
be a safe environment - we need to respect people feelings and actions
whether or not they are the ones we would chose. We are not going to solve
major issues here, and few people can honestly listen to an different
opinion with an open mind. Before you take each out privately - you may wish
to consider that love, peace and tolerance begin and end with you. Here is
small poem which illustrates the point.

A son and his father were walking on the mountains. Suddenly, the son falls,
hurts himself and screams, "AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

 To his surprise, he hears the voice repeating, somewhere in the mountain,
"AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

Curious, he yells: "Who are you?"
He receives the answer: "Who are you?"
Angered at the response, he screams: "Coward!"
He receives the answer: "Coward!"
He looks to his father and asks: "What's going on?"

The father smiles and says: "My son, pay attention." And then he screams to
the mountain: "I admire you!"
The voice answers: "I admire you!"

Again the man screams: "You are a champion!"
The voice answers: "You are a champion!"

The boy is surprised, but does not understand.

Then the father explains: "People call this ECHO, but really this is LIFE.
It gives you
back everything you say or do. Our life is simply a reflection of our
actions. If you want more love in the world, create more love in your heart.

If you want more competence in your team, improve your competence. This
relationship applies to everything, in all aspects of life; Life will give
you back everything you have given to it."

YOUR LIFE IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. IT'S A REFLECTION OF YOU!

                    Brightest Blessings
                        Trisha