C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:37:19 -0400
My son, Alex, LOVES Hotwheels!  Of course, we buy the cheap-o generics, but
what does a three-year old know about brand loyalty?  Anyway, Cindy, do you
feel that playing with Hotwheels (boy references aside) helped you at all
with eye-hand work?  Beth the OT could probably chime in here.

Betty,

Yeah.  M-80s, Silver Salutes, Oxy-Acetylene.  Whatever we could get our
hands on (miraculously, I still have both of mine).  Living in the country,
it was easy to obtain explosives in the '60s and '70s.  My dad used to buy
dynamite by the quarter stick for blowing tree stumps.  I think he secretly
enjoyed blowing/burning/shooting up things as much as the kids enjoyed it,
although I got regular whuppin's for my pyrotechnic experiments.

Guys on the list: If you share some of your stupid childhood tricks, I'll
tell ya how I shot out the living room picture window with a 12-gauge (from
the inside, no less!).

Ah, to be young, carefree and brain-dead again.  Boy-howdy, those were the
days!

-Kyle