C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:22:28 +0800
Hi Anthony,

I agree with Mag's suggestions.  Also, if there is an advocacy/support
network specifically for women with disabilities in her area, they may
be able to help.  There is a lot of info (compared to what there is
off-line) on women with disabilities and domestic violence on the web -
run the phrase through a search engine.  I know a lot of women with
disabilities in real life who've been in this exact situation, and the
earlier it is dealt with the better for your friend and her daughter.

Here are a couple of websites I had in my bookmarks

Disabled Abuse Resources : The Zero 5.0laf - The Official Website of
Andrew Vachss <http://www.vachss.com/help_text/disabled_abuse.html>
Barbara Robertson's Women and Disability Resources
<http://members.tripod.com/%7EBarbara_Robertson/Women.htm>
Women With Disabilities - USA <http://www.4women.gov/wwd/>
Disabled Women on the Web
<http://www.disabilityhistory.org/dwa/library_n.html>