C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:10:06 EST
I once lived in a Section 8 apartment.  30% of income.   It was good but I
got a letter that HUD was going to cut the program covering  the apartment.  I
was worried I was going to be on the street.  I  heard there was a housing
preview show and I went to it.  I came across a  program that got me into renting
a house for LESS than what I was paying for at  the apartment.  I had the
first house modified by having a ramp put on  it.  When Sherry was pregnant with
Susan, I filled out an application for a  larger house.  I'm now in a 4 bedroom
house all one floor and large  basement.  The rent is a little higher but I'm
doing well taking care of  both of my daughters.  By the way, I got this not
through any agency for  the disabled in my area.    I went on my own and found
an agency  working to get people who want to get off of welfare and want
something  better.