C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 13:43:16 -0400
Hi Anee!!

        Nice to hear from you!!

       I had a nice thing happen the other Friday. Amber is failing 8th
grade badly!! And I and the teachers have been meeting like crazy!!  We had
her IEP not long ago, and it was kinda discomfublated and I wasn't sure I
was getting thru. Well, every week they send home a report now, of how stuff
is going, and the head of the team called last friday becasue she had
forgotten to send home the report so we did it oover the phone!! And except
English - we are doing better!! Anyway - she went on to say - how critical
it was to make sure the writing difficulty was highly stressed in the IEP -
becasue she was worried next year - at the High School Level Amber might
slip thru the cracks with having so many seperate teachers. She herself had
observed the difficulty with the writting. She had tried to help her with
the computer. I felt like after years of IEPs and accommodations - I finally
had someone who actually understood. And low and behold the F - she had had
in that class had transformed to C  for the 4th quarter interim report. The
bad news is - she now failing gym becasue the teacher has it in her head she
can walk the mile in 14 minutes.......... Sigh   I am taking up sword and
shield and going to do battle on that front this week!!

                                              Brightest Blessings
                                                  Trisha - The Militant
Mom!!!