C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:46:02 EST
Hi Guys-

As many of you know, I have some spine and cervical problems due to
cp--though they are still in early stages.  Dr. Joseph is doing a pelvic
x-ray next week to see if maby there are some problems with my hips or
additional problems in my sacrum (over what was there in January 00 when they
x-rayed my spine) that could be causing the additional spastistiy.  He has me
up on 2 mg Koplin bid temporarly.  Good news my blood pressure is down but as
I pointed out to him and all of you that is one of the side effects of that
group of drugs (Valium, Koplin etc.)  He has also discontinued the
hdyroclorothyizide.  Maby going off of the HTZ will reduce the spastisity
even though in all the litrature I have read on that drug it should not have
any effect on musscle tone.

Yours,

Anee
Founder of CPIC