C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:43:59 EDT
Hi Cindy-

Glad to here of your successes. I hope things continue to go well for all of
you.

Anee
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Sauna/CPIC.html

In a message dated 9/17/1999 1:19:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Hi all,
     After my last blunder....I had the thought that I might update you on
 Lizzy Jo's progress.  I think we joined the list about three or four months
 ago, when lizzy was maybe about 16 or 17 months old.  For those new members
 or those that don't remember.... Lizzy Jo was born at 29 weeks
 gustation(spelling?)(almost three months early) and when we joined the list,
 she had just been diagnoised with mild spastic CP,most likely caused by her
 premature birth. At that time she was not able to do much....rolling and some
 army crawling,a few words, mama,dada,go, things like that.  Boy what a few
 months can do!! Lizzy now crawls on all fours( for short distances) army
 crawl is still the favorite means of getting around(faster), pulls herself up
 on furniture, and this last week she crawled up the stairs(a flight of 7) all
 by herself!!  Her vocabulary is out of this world, says all kinds of
 things....repeats parts of the alphabet, counts to 5 correctly(10 but misses
 a few,hee,hee) and has started putting words together creating sentances(I
 see Daddy).  At 20 months, there is very little resemblance to my premature
 3.2 lb baby.  She has been in PT once a week for almost 1 yr now(is getting
 fitted for afo's next week) and will be starting OT once a week in about 2
 weeks.
 Probably nothing  really outstanding compared to what most of you did or are
 doing, but I had the need to brag about my daughter to people who understand
 how big a deal climbing stairs by ones self really is.  My family is no
 source of understanding.  If I call my sisters with what is big news for me
 ,I recieve comments like really, madison's been doing that since she was 8
 months, or big deal, when's she going to walk.  They have gone to the extent
 to tell me its my fault that she doesnt walk yet...... I coddle her to
 much....or.....I dont hold her enough.
 Go figure....Anyway, thanks for listening and letting this proud mother brag
 a little bit. Meanwhile, I'll go back to lurking and learning about things
 from all of you.  By the way you all allow me to drive the PT therapist
 crazy, because I ask her about alot of the treatments that you all discuss
 here.  Thanks for being here,
 Love and Prayers to All;
 Lizzy Jo and Cindy Bushnell >>