C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 19:13:16 -0400
Hi Joy,

I'm new here, and it runs in mind I saw a note about hip, but I don't have much
to say about hips - except I had a doctor suggest I have a hip replacement - but
he never really said "WHY" he thought I needed it, so I have not pursued it.  I
was also told that I had an 'inoperable' hip deformity and they believed it was
causing my balance problems.  (I still have NO balance unless I hold onto
something, and if I have someone turn the lights out in the room while I am
standing - I completely 'lose it' and go to the floor).  I see though, in
reading cp symptoms that balance plays a big part, so perhaps instead of a hip
problem, mine has been cp.......  I know that has no bearing on your post - but
I thought I'd at least prove to you, I'm listening!   8-)

See ya
Beth

--
Don't forget to visit http://rvs.netporch.com/ for RVS fan pics, rvsfans