C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. S. Margolis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
I. S. Margolis
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:28:36 -0500
Interesting perspective.  What do you mean by "...Libertarian listed
under Buchanan...?" How did voters perceive and handle their ballots?
Depends on interpretations, as everything human.  Including counting and
interpreting how we count.  The notion that machines are more objective
and effective at counting and interpreting is more nonsense.  What is a
true count anyway?

If the legal issue of the BB's get viewed by the courts, my opinion
based on my minimal hearing of the Fla. law, which at this writing I
don't recall if I read, they would look at whether the Buchanan punch
hole and name was in a legally acceptable position.  As far as I know
the Libertarians haven't filed a claim.  The other way of your point:
why couldn't Gore claim portions of the Libertarian vote rather than
concede them?

This matter belongs in Florida and the courts for now, unless you want
to hire a lawyer or raise an army.

Besides!  Butterflies are free.  I vote for them.  Especially Monarchs
in Texas.  <LoL>

S.

-------