C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:47:18 -0700
Lisa, I always loved horses, so for about 4 years,  each Sunday, I went
riding and i paid for half of it with my allowance.

My chores were collecting the trash cans and emptying them, weeding,
setting the table for dinner, and feeding our beagle.

Please ask your Congressperson to vote FOR the MICASSA bill, this
will allow medicaid funds to pay for community supports
instead of isolating the person in a nursing home or institution.
HR 910 is the bill number
Senate version of MiCASSA (S 401).

Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with disabilities
~Tamar Mag Raine~
IM: tamarmag48
Yahoo IM Tamarmag56

The
> fine motor is just not there yet.
>
> This past year has been so different - great, but a challenge to all in
the
> family.  When Matt was having the seizures so badly, that is all we were
> dealing with - what it was going to take to get them minimized.  We were
not
> even told he was CP until he was 4 1/2!  For some reason, we were supposed
> to know.  The school system went "Oh yeah, we knew that - we just didn't
> think you wanted to talk about it".  Makes no sense.
>
> Anyway, because that is all that life was about for so long - this med,
that
> med, and let's try it as a pill, maybe a liquid, and how about those
> sprinkles and once again now that we have a G-tube.  He was hospitalized
> last year and we did all kinds of testing.  We now know for sure that his
> brain damage is in the frontal lobe.  We are just now getting to the daily
> stuff (he was having trouble adjusting to not having seizures - too much
> coming in and him having to work through it) and what we need to do to get
> him as independent as possible.  Before, it was making sure he was not in
> place that he could get hurt when he would seizure.
>
> We are located in Texas about 30 - 45 minutes North of Dallas (depending
on
> traffic :)
>
> Thanks for all the input.  I will take all that I can get.
>
> Lisa

Does
> he play with his peers?  Does he ride a bike?  Write paragraphs?  Dress
> himself, make a simple sandwhich, get his own breakfast?  Does he have
> chores around the house?
>
> Beth t the OT

Treat