C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 09:04:44 -0500
Ken, you'll find making a house wheelchair accessible (whether or not you
ever use a wheelchair) makes the house easier to use overall.  Wider
doorways, bathrooms with turn around, toilets that are a proper
height(higher or lower), sinks that you can roll a wheelchair under, and
counters you can get to.  also remember refrigerators and washer/dryers as
appliances that can bought modified.  Ok, too much info this early on New
Year's Day!!

<grin>

Happy New Year!!!

Beth T. the OT

Subject: what the big wheels have taught judy and i.

these big wheels (my wery large wheel chair) have show us that there is more
to be desired than a ramp to get in the house. if we build a retirement
place, it will have wide doors and plenty of room to manouver a chair. we'll
require this in hope that we don't have to use a chair, but, being prepared
if i keep going down hill physically.