C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bob Hester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 21:45:11 -0600
At 10:38 AM 10/31/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Bob,
>
>         I am trying to do that. I think I am slowing down a good bit, even
>from 3 years ago.
         Yeh, I'll be 60 in January, & already we're trying to decide if
the pension would be enough to let me bail out early .

>I've used up a good body with a life of unwise living. Too bad we can't do
>it over again.

         Whose line was it:  "If I'd known my body would last this long,
I'd  have taken better care of it."?      Yeh, smoking, ,not regular
therapy, indiscriminate sex (well, occasionally), too much fatty food, too
much caffeine, not enough sleep - you know, it really hasn't been bad!

>My best times were with my kids, whom I shorted big time on
>the amount of time I devoted to them. Thank God their mother made upfor it.

         Likewise.  A lot of our evenings together before he was school age
were when I took him to Court with me, & some of our Saturday mornings
together after he started school were spent at police stations.     His
early teachers thought we were divorced, because he called Saturdays "Daddy
Days".   Yeh, Thank God for good mothers.
         Mine is 25, lives a couple miles away (so far), & drops by every
couple of evenings.

         Enjoy, Bobby, you've earned it.

}BOB