C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 18:55:56 -0700
basically my mom told me the same thing kat's mom told her, in addition she
said, she was not gonna help me raise a baby if I had one without a
husband. but I looked at it differently. I did not want to bring a child
into the world that I could not support myself. And now at 49, I simply
wouldn't have the energy to care for a young child. And, the thought of a
teenager in the city I live in, well, I'd be a nervous wreck!  So, like
Oprah's dog, my two cat kids are my kids.

mag
Please ask your Congressperson to vote FOR the MICASSA bill, this
will allow medicaid funds to pay for community supports
instead of isolating the person in a nursing home or institution.
HR 910 is the bill number
Senate version of MiCASSA (S 401).

Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with disabilities
~Tamar Mag Raine~
IM: tamarmag48
Yahoo IM Tamarmag56