C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vera Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:58:53 EDT
In a message dated 9/27/99 2:59:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Dianne and Gerry I think Stephen"s questions are on the money.  I also
noticed as I was reading that someone recommended varying therapy if possible
someone else may have mentioned water therapy most kids really love being in
the pool. My daughter Charlotte spent 3 years on the swim team - we did not
have a diagnosis of cp at the time but an orthopedic man that recommended she
get as much exercise as possible - he was right.  The only thing I can really
add is that since my daughter was not diagnosed until 11 years of age and is
only now getting ready for a pt/ot eval
I do wonder how much further she would be if we could have gotten her help
much sooner.  Just a down the road perspective....

Vera