C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:48:31 -0400
Yes, but you know, that anyone can be rejected for any number of
reasons, not just disabilities, and I happen to think that parents of
kids with disabilities tend to overprotect their kids from rejections
and the real world; they need to learn how to cope with such things.
My parents never tried to protect me like that and I am profoundly
grateful to them.  I honestly don't think I'd have been able to
function as well as I have on my own if they had coddled me.

Now, having said that, I do concede that you are Case's guardian and
you know what's best for him - only you or his parents know how he
can handle things like this.

Kat