C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:18:12 -0400
Actually, Columbus is not bad for accessibility.  We've got more colleges &
universities than you can shake a stick at.  Plus, it's the State Capitol,
making it a proving ground for issues of infrastructure--like curb cuts.
Here is a link to Columbus' only daily newspaper.  It's family-owned and
fairly conservative in editorial and reportage of local issues.  Much hay
was made on the OP/ED page re: his remarks.  Our citizenry---disabled and
otherwise---made quite a hue and cry against Chief Jackson.  Personally, I
don't think he's a very likeable man. But, since we live in the 'burbs and I
commute downtown, my (voting) opinion counts for little.

Here's the link:

http://libpub.dispatch.com/cgi-bin/documentv1?DBLIST=cd01&DOCNUM=44635&TERMV
=296:7:10421:7:30886:7:117886:7:122963:7:

Another oddity:  Chief Jackson's force is being investigated by the U.S.
Justice Dept. for institutionalized racial profiling that Jackson was said
to have approved.  Jackson is black.

Go Figure.

-Kyle

"I know a fella whose kinda confused.
Got muscles in his head ain't never been used.
Thinks he owns half o' this town.
Starts drinkin' heavy, gets a big red nose.
Beats his old lady with a rubber hose and
Takes her out to dinner---buys her new clothes.

That's the way that the world goes 'round."

-John Prine