C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 12:41:47 -0500
But only if you heat it. Warm milk at bedtime does have work.  A precursor of Serotonin (the levels of this brain chemical rise when you fall asleep) is produced by the heating process. Same chemical is found naturally in high levels in turkey. Remember that lethargic feeling after a big holiday dinner? Not the same when you pig out on ham or roast.  :-)

Yvonne

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/07/00 08:02PM >>>
Hi,

  Milk does make you sleepy. But the hold the chocolate, or you'll be wired for
sound :)

  I find a Carnation Instant Breakfast before bed really helps me sleep. Going
to be hungry makes one somewhat agitated and doesn't promote a good sleep. Even
a bowl of cereal will work. Gotta remember to get fibre :)