C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:47:15 -0400
Beth, that's good advice.  You know more about this sort of thing than I do,
coming from the health field.

I had cause to use the patient case manager at the hospital where I had my
surgery a couple of years ago.  I was still recovering from the anaethesia
I'd been given and still had trouble keeping solids down.  I was on codiene
which makes me sick anyway.  One night I woke up and threw up all over myself
- ugh - and when I called the nurse, no one came.  I laid there for an half
hour before someone finally came and helped me to clean up, and when they
did, they were rather rude about it. Wnen my friend and I packed up to go
home we found the gown they'd taken off me tossed into a drawer and left
there.

Granted they may have been dealing with an emergency but still...

I complained to the patient case manager in writing.  I don't know if they
ever did anything but at least I filed a complaint.

Kat