C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:41:18 -0500
Hey mags!

Just got on my home email tonight after being off for days.  We had a "smallpox" simulation and I got a new AFO all in the same week, so I was falling down a lot as I was running from hospital to triage to the federal building to the hospital to triage...

We did find out with the data coming back that local first-responders everywhere are woefully under-prepared to deal with PWD evacuations and injuries.  I come home from work depressed every day, thinking "When that day comes that it really DOES hit the fan, we are going to be in big-time trouble."  I get so scared at what I see, sometimes I wish Laura and I hadn't had kids.  Horrible thought, I know, but our safety net is made from gossamer threads, yet folks go blindly from one day to the next without giving it more than a passing thought.

Sorry to be so glum, mags.  I think I need a breather from this job for a while to refresh my perspective or something.

BTW, when's Passover this year?  I know it comes earlier than normal, but I just can't remember when.  I found my yarmulke from last year's Seder with my Israeli buddy and that tripped a reminder that Passover's coming up. I want to bring a gift this year.  What's appropriate for a Goyem to bring?

Kyle