C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 08:23:36 -0400
I suppose Corning Tower is an institutional housing for disabled people,
right?

One reason Bush wants to do away with institutional housing for disabled is
because it's cheaper to have people live on their own in the community.  I
am all for independence but not at the expense of needed resources.  I fear
that once this comes about, it will become much more difficult to get
funding for aides, etc., especially since Social Security won't be around
forever  unless the government finds ways to cut the expenses draining the
pool or bolster contributions to the fund.

Kat