C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 15:17:28 -0400
 Thinking more about what my AB friend said, leads me to a bigger question:
Do we have "expectations" of people, AB or otherwise, to understand the
issues we face?  For example, I know that my current physical spiral is not
understood at all by my parents.  After all, the docs said that their kid
would get no worse, right?  So there is denial on their part as to my
needing canes, disabled parking placards, etc.

I think well-meaning, but (most likely) uninformed generalities like that
which will be portrayed in the upcoming movie will lead a lot of folks to
have misguided expectations on both sides of the AB/TAB fence.

Food for thought....

-Kyle