C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill K Ach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:08:16 EDT
What an ordeal!  I wonder whether someone pushed the elevator button with
a cane instead of a finger.  We have an elevator that refused to descend
to the first level, only to the second, at our retirement home.  We were
advised by our executive director to push the button with our finger -
never a cane.  Anything can happen in this age of precision electronic
equipment.

Bill
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:54:14 -0400 "Cleveland, Kyle E."
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>It's been a rough start this morning:
>
>I came to work around 7:15.  My morning ritual is to open up my
>office, plug
>the laptop into the docking station and head to the cafeteria for a
>cup o'
>joe and a bagel.  My office is on the 9th floor, cafeteria is on 16.
>I got
>on the elevator (alone) and as soon as it started up, the lights
>failed an
>emergency buzzer sounded and the car suddenly dropped about two feet
>and
>bounced a bit on the end of the cable.  Woudn't you know it, but my
>spine
>got a bit squashed and I also lost my balance and fell.  After a
>second or
>two, the lights came back on and the elevator "reset" to the first
>floor.
>
>Now my back and left leg are killing me.  Shoulda stood in bed...:-(
>
>-KC

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.