C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joy Liebeskind <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:42:15 -0400
We do sometimes avoid areas with dog- but service dogs are allowed in
areas where other animals aren't allowed-so we really appreciate when
owners keep them under control as required by law ( as Sarah is
terrified of big dogs because they come at her at face level )  & that
they are kept clean as required as we all have animal allergies in our
house ( why we have toy poodles) .

We try not to visit friends with cats as Sarah sneezes over & over
where they have been also- so we invite those friends over instead.

I don't think they should limit where service dogs can be, when
working,  but enforce the rules.   Joy