C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 17:20:51 +0000
Hello everyone,

I have just joined this listserv and thought that I would take the
opportunity of introducing myself. My name is Maria Brooks, I have
CP and I live in Milton Keynes which is a fairly new city about 52
miles northwest of London, England.

I have spastic athetoid which leads to uncontrolled movements of my
arms, head and facial muscles. Luckily, my CP doesn't really affect my
legs or feet; hence why I have the ability use my feet and to take a
few steps, if someone is holding me.

I have been very lucky that, until ten years ago, I was very active
and mobile; but I'm paying for it now! I'm only 42yrs old, but I am
suffering for having a very successful sports career which ended
twelve years ago.

For more info on that, please take a look at the following Web Page:
http://www.tof.co.uk/tds/page11.html

Personally, I'm involved in the following groups: Milton Keynes
Sports Club for People with Disabilities, Milton Keynes Sub-Aqua
Diving Club for People with Disabilities, Milton Keynes Access Group
and Scope in North Bucks. As you can imagine, these groups keep
me very busy!! Oh yes, I'm also involved in Scope's Central England
and East Anglia Recreation Forum.

I look forward to being involved with this list.

Maria.