C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 07:55:23 -0500
 A republican representational democracy.

Chester:

Thinking and learning goes on in the school of life as long as we retain
awareness.  We cannot completely rely upon prior knowledge.  The limits of
one's schooling and your abilities as a pupil also must be considered when
attempting to comprehend what is of issue and importance.

We can never search or research too much.  Ignorance speaks for itself all
too readily.

ISM

> Date:    Mon, 27 Nov 2000 05:39:51 -0800
> From:    Chester Worwa <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Democracy v. Republic
>
> It's a democratic republic.
>
> --- Betty B <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I want to share something just for the heck of it.
> > I just got an e-mail from
> > someone (not connected with this list) that went to
> > about 200 or more people.
> >  Within the body of the e-mail there was a statement
> > about the US form of
> > government being a democracy.
> >
> > The US form of government is a republic, not a
> > democracy.  This seems to be a
> > common misconception though.  Just sharin...
> >
> > Betty

> Date:    Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:28:44 EST
> From:    Betty B <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Democracy v. Republic
>
> In a message dated 11/27/2000 8:40:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> > It's a democratic republic.
>
> I take it that you mean a "democracy within a republic," as stated in
William