C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
James Fee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:12:36 -0500
Guys,

Jennifer Zubko wrote:

>  You are so brave.

I don't want to make enemies here, nor do I wish to belittle the life
the grows in Jenn's tummy.  There is surely something of note going on
here...A child, born of woman, conceived of man, shall soon begin
a journey, an exceptional journey at that, in the sands of time.  Yet
must we except that this is "Brave"?  If we call it "Brave" have not
we, ourselves, bought the BIG LIE?

The BIG LIE is that this brother and sisterhood that is CP somehow
makes us less then those around us.  Jenn's answer was what made me
proudest.

> I wouldn't describe myself as being brave for having or becomming
> pregnant with this baby... I am a woman who simply wanted to share

> the love my spouse  and I share and I and chose to try to become

> pregnant.

I wouldn't either Jenn, I'd call you a woman with child...and there is

glory enough in that for all of us!!  You don't have to be "Brave"
Jenn, like all of us...you just must BE.

Please, Let's let the things of normal life be normal to US, for surely
they are not to others.

Jim Fee, Husband to Jane
who has lost 4 babies to miscarrage.