C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 06:40:02 -0400
i was about kyles age when the doc's started talking about disability  and i
decied that i'd go a year more to see if i could make it. every year i have
decided that i think i'll try another year. i have been doing this since
1993 now. i have  just secided to try another year. sometimes it gets rough.

--- Laura Cleveland <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Gordon,
> I am married to Kyle on this list. We have not
experienced any real problems. There are some CP/aging
issues (he can't do as much as he used to around the
house (pain and fatigue--he's only 42)<<

I know what you mean - when i was 15 or so, I thought
I would be wheel-chair bound before  20 - im 31 now -
& still walking (buit very sore).. - but ive lasted a
few mnore years than my "used-by" date :-)

> so sometimes that's an issue. We hope to get that
resolved, however by buying a smaller home or condo.<<

have you thought of a cleaner or something..
- just someone to come in 2-3 times a week & do work
around your house..

- I dont need one now - but i ma in the future -
theyre not that expensive here in NZ.

<cut>

Gordon.

=====
[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
My ICQ number is :- 83440115 http://www.icq.com
gordonistewart_nz (at) hotmail (dot) com