C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 2009 09:40:57 EDT
Great ideas but Ihave found that kids think it is novel and fun only for a
few minuets then they want to go on to other things.  We, adults, cook with
 her, let her use the food processor, color with her, play games with her,
go on  walks, go to the mall, play ball, ride the trike and all the other
stuff....we  go on trips, go in pools and lot os other stuff.
BUT I want her to have friends her own age or close.  We can't even  make
her cousins play with her long they loose intrest.

People find disabliled kids 'cute' (Please do not flame me for this..I have
 found this to be true) but as you move into adulthood people try to not
see you  and not speak much.  My mother had a stroke and was in a chair for 15
years  before she died and now my child has Cp... these are just things I
have seen in  the world.

Please do not flame me people out there that have wonderful lives.  I  am
trying to help my child and am just stating what I see in the world.

Kris