C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2007 23:11:30 -0500
Hi, Mag,

I don't think it's new, either; just that people feel freer to speak up
about it.

Having said that, I'll make a couple of personal observations from my
own experience.

1) I don't see anything wrong with a smack on the bottom - I do see a
lot wrong with spanking and whipping.  My mother smacked me a few times
but my dad never did.  He didn't have to.  One look and one look of
disappointment was all the punishment I needed from him to stop what I
was doing.

2) I have seen times when what started out as a spanking became so bad
that I would call it brutalizing a child.  That's when the police need
to be called in.

Kat