C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 21:29:01 -0500
Actually, your really just very perceptive.  I've even got my husband
playing the "Can you spot the ADA violation?" at public places.  One it's
jut awareness but, also I find that places that are truly designed for
universal access are just more pleasant to be in.  Aisles are wider, glare
is reduced, switches are placed where they are easy to get to.
Most "handicapped" restrooms, like parking spaces seem to be poor
afterthoughts.  Bars are placed poorly and in unsafe positions, toilet
tissue is place poorly, sinks are hard to get to, let alone the thought of
trying to get a wheelchair in there and keeping your dignity, AARG!!!  There
are standards for bathrooms but, unless people complain or push for better
compliance, well... you've seen the results.
Ok, enough of Beth's lecture's on ADA compliance.  Time to sleep it's been a
long day.

Beth the OT