C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 20:03:38 -0500
Hello,

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. :)

Just wanted to say I've not forgotten you all, even whilst slogging away
through reports and working up analyses.  My new job (not so new now!) has
been going quite well, and I'm happy to say my boss is pleased with my work.

I also thought I'd tell you a neat thing about the management in the building
where I work now.  When they learned I was in a wheelchair this past summer,
the building manager came over to my old office with the office designer and
went over accommodation issues with me.  They installed motorised door
openers that opeate by push button on the bathroom doors and the interior
entrances that don't require a security card to get in or exit.
The entrances that require a card swipe have been programmed to open
automatically when I swipe my card and no one else who doesn't need the door
to be opened for them. How cool is that?

The office space designers have also worked with me in customsing my work
space so I can reach everything I need comfortably and everything fits right.

These are really cool people to work for!

Kat