C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:18:12 EST
How much respect should we confer upon those who think we are a burden to
society, yet do not have the guts to kill us?

Kill me then, if you truly believe that I drain you, but kill me in the open
light.  Kill me in front of your children and your parents.  Kill me in front
of your priests, shamans and rabbis.

Come out of hiding, you gutless bastards.

In a message dated 11/20/2001 4:13:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I have an elderly friend who has severely spastic CP; he used to walk home
> from his job at an university library to his apartment, just off the main
> campus.  When he would cross at the light, he would take his time, and pay
no
> attention to impatient drivers.  He said he was just trying to do the best
he
> could and they'd just have to wait. Amazingly, no one ever hit him.  But
that
> was more than 10 years ago, and I don't know if they'd be so patient now.
> honestly think people are much more rude than they used to be.
>

>          Kathy

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
"I will either find a way or make one."