C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
CINDY K BUSHNELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:35:50 -0400
Hello,
My name is Cindy and I have a beautiful 17 month old girl named Elizabeth
Josephine (Lizzy Jo for short) she has been diagnosed with a very mild case
of cp.  She has PT once a week.  Please forgive me, I've been lerking
around on the list , and had not the curage(spelling?) to write before
this.  But things that are mentioned here intregue me.  How young can some
of these devices be used?  and how do you get people to listen to your
concerns without pushing you to the side with things like" we'll wait till
she's older."  I'm also interested in Botox and at what age those shots can
begin?  Lizzy's hamstrings are so tight and seem to be the mainstay of her
mobility problems.  Any advice from those of you who have delt with this
alot longer then us would be more then welcomed.  I just want the right
tools, so that we can help Lizzy Jo as early as possible.  Heck it took me
6 months to convience her doctor that there was even something wrong.  Now
they are telling me it is so mild they don't want to label it CP right now.
 Please  HELP!!!!!
              Thanks: Cindy and Lizzy Jo