C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 11:38:25 -0700
I second Laura's opinion.  I could listen to the stories for days.  My
son Jacob who is 5 loves going to the fire station to visit.  We have
one right around the corner from us.  I started bringing him when he was
about 2.  By 3 1/2 he knew what was in every door and what everything
was used for. The guys at the station are great and if we see them at
the grocery story Jacob makes me follow them until he can go up and say
HI.  They always give him a "badge".  When we go visit, he insists we
bring Rice Krispy Treats as he says that's what they like best.  Every
holiday we bring them a special treat as in easter baskets, christmas
cookies.  We get a great tour when we bring food, LOL  They also now
know we have a 13 yo daughter that has CP and is total care and where
she sleeps.  They made notes when they were showing Jacob how they would
find our house if need be.  The guys were great when they visited his
pre school and remembered his name which of course made him feel very
special.  Thanks Betty for sharing.  I admire people like you.

Vicki