C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:15:32 -0400
Kathy Jo,

You are an adult.  You have the right to talk on the phone, to go out when
you want to go out, and to be treated with respect and dignity.  You need to
begin insisting that others stop treating you like a child.  There is no
reason why you can't do what you want, when you want to do it.  Forgive me
if I sound harsh, but if we stop believing in our own humanity, there is no
reason for others to recognize it.

~Joy~