C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Virginia Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:30:22 -0600
Unfortunately, I recall that case only too well because it happened in my state. It involved the Aryan Nations group led by Richard Butler (who died in 2004). They gave a bad name to Northern Idaho, where their 20-acre compound was located (other white supremacist groups followed them to the area). Fortunately, they were sued by two people they fired at for venturing too close to their compound. In 2000, Aryan Nations lost the civil lawsuit to the tune of $6.3 million, driving them into bankruptcy. The plaintiffs got the property, razed the buildings, and turned it over to a college for (I think) a tolerance/civil rights retreat/study area.

Virginia (in Idaho)> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 22:18:11 -0400> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Finally!!!!> To: [log in to unmask]> >> > I recall that the KKK was "broken" a few years ago under the same sort > of civil law - a civil rights group filed suit against it and won and > irony of ironies, got the properties as part of the settlement. I think > it was the KKK; it could have been another supremacist group. I'm sure > someone here will be able to give more details.>