C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:58:36 EST
Dan

It's funny the reaction your Mom has to homosexuals.  When I was a very young
boy I was a precocious reader.  I read every book my college-age brothers
brought into the house.  (Yes, including those!  I told you I was
precocious!)  Anyway, I read this one book called "Other Voices, Other Rooms"
by Truman Capote.  I had not yet hit puberty, so the sexual inferences were
totally lost on me.  All I recognized as a boy that fell in love with girls
in my class regularly was the unrequited love of the boy in the book and a
girl in the book.  I had no idea who Truman Capote was, or that he was a
homosexual, and the references to homosexuality in the book didn't even
register on me.  Until my mother threw a fit that I had read such a nasty
book and accused me (remember, not even at puberty yet) of being a
homosexual.  Strange stuff.  I still say it's a beautifully written book and
I'm as straight as they come.

Paul V. the Woman Loving Man Who just happens to admire a book written by a
homosexual novelist