C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:06:20 -0500
Premature birth is considered one of many factors in CP; it's not the only one.

Kat

"St. John's University Cerebral Palsy List" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>   At the time of my birth , I weighed 6 lb.  3
oz. .  I wasn't a preemie.  Kathy Jo Pink

 jd  wrote: Alex was born at 1# 14 oz and slipped
down to justover a pound after his cardiac arrest
when he was 3weeks old( he was 14 weeks
premature, missed his wholelast trimester)Weight
is an important issue but whomany weeks premature
is also important.Joanne--- "Elizabeth H. Thiers"
wrote:> I've got a little one that I work with
that was> smaller than that at birth> if you can
imagine.>> Beth T. the OT>>>>> -----Original
Message-----> From: St. John's University
Cerebral Palsy List>
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf
Of> Bobby G. Greer, Ph.> D.> Sent: Sunday, March
17, 2002 12:29 PM> To:
[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Ill,
Ariz Towns Seek Accessibility>>> In a message
dated 3/17/02 1:21:41 AM,> [log in to unmask]
writes:>> >Which is why I'm sucking up now. Why
wait for the> rush?> >> You don't have to suck
up, Betty. You are as> nuts as we are so you are
a> CP(crazy person) LOL>> But the survivors of
premature births will,> generally, be a lot more>
involved> than this bunch. A while back, I was
going to lunch> with a neonatologist and> ask him
what was the smallest one he had seen> survive
and he said proudly he> worked on one that was
1.5 pounds at birth!>> Bobby>>
You Yahoo!?Yahoo! Sports - live college hoops coveragehttp://sports.yahoo.com/