C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Jeffries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 21:06:09 EDT
  Please circulate this.  It needs to be forwarded to all, especially to any
international contacts.  It is now and in the near future that our true
international allies and friends will be revealed.  Keep in  mind,  this was
written by someone who doesn’t live  in  the USA.   This, from a Canadian
newspaper, is worth sharing.

America:  The Good Neighbor, widespread but only partial news coverage was
given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon
Sinclair, a Canadian television commentator.

What follows is the full text of his trenchant remarks as printed in the
Congressional Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most
generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth.
 Germany, Japan, and to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of
the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and
forgave other billions in debts.  None of these countries is today paying
even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who
propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the
streets of Paris.  I was there.  I saw it.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in
to help.  This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes.
Nobody helped. The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of
dollars into discouraged countries.  Now, newspapers in those countries are
writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion
of the United States dollar build its own airplane.  Does any other country
in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed
Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10?  If so, why don't they fly them?

Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes?

Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the
moon?  You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios.  You talk
about German technocracy, and you get automobiles.  You talk about American
technocracy, and you find men on the moon...not once, but several times, and
home safely again.

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store
 window for everybody to look at.  Even their draft dodgers are not pursued
and hounded.  They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are
breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home
to spend here.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through
age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them.  When the Pennsylvania Railroad
and the New York Central went broke nobody loaned them an old caboose.
Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other
people in trouble.  Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to
the Americans in trouble?  I don't think there was outside help even during
the San Francisco earthquake. Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one
Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get kicked around.  They will
come out of this with their flag high.  And when they do, they are entitled
to thumb their noses at the lands that are gloating over their present
troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those."

Stand proud America!!!!

I would hope that each of you send this to as many people as you can and
emphasize that they should send it to as many of their friends until this
letter is sent to every person on the web.

Freedom!  We're gonna ring the bell, freedom to rock, freedom to talk
Freedom!  Raise your fist and yell,  freedom to rock, freedom to talk
Freedom-ring!

Alice Cooper "Freedom"  Raise Your Fist and Yell

Michael Jeffries