C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:53:04 -0600
I was born on July 5, 1971. It was a complicated birth. . . I couldn't cry , breathe or suck. The doctors thought I would be a vegetable the rest of my life. As a result of all of this , I was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy at the age of three a half . I am very physically disabled because of all of this. I can't walk , talk , or feed myself. When I was four years old , I was the Cerebral Palsy Poster child. I went to Day Care for that had disabilities and Early Childhood. Then I went through all of school. When I was in fourth grade , I was put in to a special education class in school. I used to to drool a lot and I had a surgery to stop that. When I was a freshman in high school , I had what looked like seizures but actually it was suicidal attempts. I won the award for the outstanding handicapped citizen for the state of Wisconsin. I went to college and double majored in Data Entry and Accounting. I update telephone directories for a living. I do about twenty to thirty a year. I do it right from my home. I also make and sell my own greeting cards. As I mentioned before , I have had a lot of problems with depression and suicide. From 1992 to 1998 I was in counseling and from 1994-96, I was hospitalized seven times because of this. The reason of all of this is because I couldn't cope with having a disability. My family consists of a father , a mother and three brothers. I also have seven nieces and nephews . I collect angels. I'm really involved on the Internet. I'm on about five ListServs, ICQ, AOL Instant Messenger , and mIRC. My ICQ UIN # is 16632777. My screen name for AOL Instant Messenger is KJPink. The servers that I'm usually on on mIRC are BrightNet or ChatWorks, Talk City, and DALNet. I have a Home WebPage . It is at http://homepages.msn.com/WindowsWay/kjpink/.

My parents went to Hawaii.  While , they were there , I stayed with my brother , sister-in-law , and their family.  When I was there , I went to see my two of my nieces dance, went to their school to talk to two classes about my life as a person living with a disability , went to church , and I went to a movie entiled "RunAway Bride".  I also went to a basketball game which my youngest nephew played in.  Another place I went to is two librarie I also went shopping in Minnesota , for my brother lives not so far from the Minnesota boarder and I went to a boy scout soup supper because both of my nephews are scouts.

I accepted a new job!  I will be working with The Prenkte Romich Company.  The Prentke Romich Company made my electronic Communication Device called a Liberator.  The company is in Wooster, Ohio.  I will be a part of their Technical Service Department  , all from the comfort of my own home.  People call the company with a problem and I will either call or E-Mail them back. The Prentke Romich Company will pay expenses.

I will go bowling every third week starting February twenty-first with SouthWest Opportunities Center.  I missed the first bowling session , January thirty-first because I was on vacation.  I only go to SouthWest Opportunities Center on Wednesdays, but , on the weeks I bowl , they are switching my day to be there at the center to Mondays. This will continue until April twenty-sixth.  Then, I guess tournaments will start.

I am going to Camp Courageous again this summer!  Camp Courageous is a special camp for campers for special needs.  It is located in Monticello, Iowa.  I went last year and really enjoyed it.  I am going August thirteenth through eighteenth.
ICQ UIN #  16632777
AOL Instant Messenger ScreenName:  KJPink
Safety Ed:  http://www.safetyed.org
HomePage:  http://homepages.msn.com/WindowsWay/kjpink/