C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:52:41 -0500
i don't know the requirements of a fire man/woman, but a insurance
underwriter is a destjob using mostly statistics. all that is required is a
average amount of brain power. i will not go into it, but, i could make a
case of having more than average brain power. i don't think that height
would be as nessessary for a fire man/woman as would strength. i have know
short people that had plenty of strength and knew how to leverage it that
could have matched any of thoue tall guys.
   it was in the spring of 1973. even if there was a valid requirement, they
had my height and weight on the application before they ask me to come to
winter haven for a interview (at my time and expense, i might add). if it
was height they should have looked at the 5 ft 6 in. on their form and not
have called me. no, i think it was that the jerk that interviewed me could
not make hisself confortable with the cerebral palsy.