C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:58:05 -0700
The issue where I might sympathize with Michael Schiavo here is that he
married her "until death do us part."  The Florida courts have held, and
the federal courts have refused to revisit, that the "quality of life"
that  Terri has, is not one that she wants.

The argument could be made, that Michael Schiavo has fulfilled the "Till
death do us" part of his marriage vows, since the courts in Florida have
held that Terri has no cortical brain activity.

Kendall
I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.
-Arthur Hays Sulzberger