C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:06:30 -0400
email address: [log in to unmask]

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 6:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Great Quotes on Life

Here are some quotes to ponder.

 "He who neglects to drink of the spring of experience is likely to die of
 thirst in the desert of ignorance." -Ling Po

 "One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning."
 -James Russell

 "Our whole knowledge of the world hangs on this very slender thread: the
 regularity of our experiences."  -Luigi Pirandello

 "Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches."  - English Proverb

 "You know more of a road by having traveled it than by all the conjecture
and
 descriptions in the world."  -William Hazlitt

 "That which we have not been forced to decipher, to clarify by our own
personal
 experience, that which was made clear before, is not ours." -Marcel Proust

 This one is my favorite:

 "There is nothing in the world so unfair as a man who has no experience; he
 thinks nothing is done right except what he's doing himself." - Terence