C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordon Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:23:19 +1200
>>> [log in to unmask] 09/08/00 03:30 >>>
The fact that one joke sparked so much discussion awhile ago reminded me that
humor is a great survival tactic for PWDs..especially self deprecating
humor..I have a story that proves my point.

I was in charge of planning my 15 yr high school reunion
<

Great story Karen - (though i dont have any like that to share)..

One thing ive found, is that ive got a "strange" sense of humor - If theres a lot of people - someone says something - I think its funny & start giggling - though everyone else takes it as "normal" & dont laugh..

- over the years ive had to train myself to stop laughing so much (I used to be - like once i started I couldnt stop for 20 minutes or so - and even if someone mentions 1 word from what i took as funny - it will set me off again..)

Though Ive trained myself (though not 100% sucessful) to stop laughing,  I am "always" in a great mood - even reading this story / email - has made my day brighter (though im not laughing- because im supposed to be working - dull / boring job) - but im in a great mood.

Cheers :-)

PS - im still here - but havnt been postoing much - too much "chats" online :-)

Gordon.