C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:45:56 -0800
Amen, Ken... she is free now, and I can't wait to see how fast mike gets
married. Sorry, I am just jaded. I still think he gave up too soon on
rehab, but that's been refuted by her cat scan, which showed a completely
black brain area. when you look at the big picture, you wonder how her case
will play out in new laws. My understanding is that in April, congress will
be looking at many of the questions.

Please ask your Congressperson to vote FOR the MICASSA bill, this
will allow medicaid funds to pay for community supports
instead of isolating the person in a nursing home or institution.
HR 910 is the bill number
Senate version of MiCASSA (S 401).

Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with disabilities
~Tamar Mag Raine~
IM: tamarmag48
Yahoo IM Tamarmag56