C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"greer.bobby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 10:25:11 -0500
Dear List mates,

    In line with recent discussions about acceptance of our
disabilities, I am starting a list of what I consider positive things
about being CP. I am hoping everyone will add something to this list.
Some of these are these are dark, sick humor and some are not.
I hope the list will be very lenghthy after everyone contributes.

        Positive(?) Things About having CP

1. You will probably never become addicted to IV drugs.

2. No one will ever bug you to carry their coffee or tea.

3. You may be "drunk as a skunk" and no one will notice.

4. In case of a military draft, you will be IV-F.

5. People will never ask you to be the "designated driver".