C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 14:23:32 -0400
Bobby,

Ours was designed to be accesible.  Anna's (9 yrs old) room is upstairs, but
the master bedroom, master bath, guest room and guest bath are on the first
floor.  We have three full baths, two downstairs.  The master bath has a
floor-level shower with a very wide door and grab bars.  All of the doorways
are 36", even the interior doors, so you can get a chair in if need be.  The
entry doors from the garage and front door are at ground level-no steps.  So
as long as I don't go upstairs, I'll have no problems.  Besides, there are
scary things in Anna's room (e.g., peanut butter sandwiches from Valentine's
Day), so I don't go upstairs unless foul aroma's start wafting down the
stairs.